Monday, September 12, 2011

204 days part II

Okay, so I have decided on dinner, which will be quick, and on the run.

Creamed Chicken over rice

1 serving of Minute whole grain brown rice (4) 150
1 Can of Aldi's Fit & Active Cream of Chicken soup (2) 60
1 Can of Canned Chicken (1) 50

I cook up the brown rice seperately, and when it comes time for the rice to simmer, I heat up a small pot of Cream of Chicken soup ( no water added) on the stove top, then add the canned chicken (drained) after words until it's nice and hot. Salt or Pepper to your likings, and serve the soup over the rice.

Easy-Peasy.

Sometimes if I'm not in a huge hurry, I'll cook up some biscuits with this quick fix of a dinner, but tonight I just don't have the time.

Surprisingly, if you just tweak some smaller parts to the recipes, it can drastically change the calories to a meal. In my case on this recipe, I opted the Fit & Active soup instead of regular, and I'm consuming on 60 calories instead of 120. Yeah, that's nearly half.

Also, Opt for whole grain rice, which is lower on sugars, and starches that are added in White rice. Kraft's Minute whole grain rice keeps it easy and fast to make, but still tastes great, while providing a great nutritional alternative to regular rice.

http://www.foodfacts.com/ Is my new online bible for figuring out weight watcher points in recipes that don't include them.

http://www.wikiweightwatcher.com/ Is my new go to spot for figuring out what I'm going to have when I go out to eat. They have most places from fast food to regular sit down restaurant chains.

Happy counting.

No comments:

Post a Comment