Tuesday, September 6, 2011

And another one for the road.

Okay, so this makes blog # 589,343,063 for me, since I have one for every aspect and interest in my life, but to be honest, I tried thinking of a way I could combine blogs, but the point is that nobody wants to read a blog about pottery mixed in with the dilemmas of a fat girl, and what she ate for breakfast.

I’ve never done a weight loss blog. I thought blogs, and calorie counting blogs were stupid, and unbeneficial until I saw, http://downhomedieting.wordpress.com/ and instantly felt connected with Amanda, and how she handled cooking weekly, making menus, and using leftovers, which is a mad skill that I just don’t possess. I also liked her blog for the fact that she doesn’t make exercise the main priority of it all. I hate going to these weight loss blogs, and the people are like, “Yeah, I ran ten miles this morning, now I’m going to do an hour of cardio, then follow it up with 30 minutes of yoga.” WHAT!? No, that’s totally not me, and probably will NEVER be me even if the weight is gone.

I’m balancing a lot on my workload. I work a 9-5 desk job, then at the moment I’m assistant directing the seasonal production for the Marysville Art League, which I’m highly involved in. My husband works a 2nd shift job, so I practically get to see him only on the weekends, which also makes cooking for me a struggle, because I’m initially cooking for one, and sometimes two, if the food doesn’t have to be ingested fresh off the skillet.

Have I had a rock bottom? I’m sure everyone has whether it be at a dressing room mirrior, a spouses comment, while eating your third serving of lasagna, or possibly it could be more serious like a medical condition.

I’ve probably had a ton of rock bottoms where I felt like crap mentally about not being able to wear a cool dress, or not being able to buy a shirt online, because they didn’t have my size, but now that my age is increasing, I’m starting to be plagued with side effects of medical conditions.

I’m pre diabetic, which runs in both sides of my family, and even my Mom was recently diagnosed. On both sides of my family has heart attack, and I’ve lost one Grandpa, and am currently losing one from a week respiratory system, and weak hearts.

I have a lot of reasons for wanting to lose weight, and growing older, I find it’s not just for vanity purposes.

I don’t enjoy vacations anymore, because it’s hard for me to walk around without getting fatigued and winded.

I don’t enjoy having to constantly tug my shirts down when they ride up, so I can hide my fat bulges.

I don’t enjoy not being able to shop, or if I do shop, I can’t wear what I want to wear, because it may not look flattering on me, and I’m might end up looking like a giant blue berry, or a giant panel of walking wallpaper.

I’ve been inspired today to go back, and while I’m not going to force myself to a schedule, or routine. I’m going to start eating better, and all I can do is at least try.

TODAY 9/6/2011

Breakfast:

Cinnamon Toast Crunch (6)

Milk

Lunch:

Wendy’s Homestyle Chicken sandwich (plain) (10.5)

Apple slices (1.5)

No comments:

Post a Comment