Friday, September 16, 2011

200 Days ---Why did I start this?




As I fight temptations and often lose most of the time, I've learned from other people's diet blogs that... it's okay, but don't give up. This is something I would hear from my personal trainer. Anything helps. You may not meet your goal as quick, but you'll get there.

Okay, so I have a ticker/countdown on one of my previous entries for and event that my husband and I are going to go to for our three year wedding anniversary.

For the years my hubby and I have been together we have often tried to find a niche of people to fit in with. We tried the Yuppie crowd, which were too stuck up and shallow, then we tried the Goth Industrial crowd, but they turned a bit too creepy, tried the punk scene, but they were too fake, and often... boring, so finally we tried the Rockabilly crowd, and we fit in... just right. I go to Rockabilly concerts and everyone is always nice and cordial, and everyone gets a long. No drama, no bar fights, no retard nonsense. People are there to enjoy music, dance, and dress up fancy for a nice night out.


My husband and I are no strangers to history, and we both have a soft spot for it. Paul likes military history, and I like fashion history, so we work well together, which is what the Rockabilly scene also incorporates.

A fact many people may not know about me is that I developed a MAJOR crush on my hubby after he acted like a gentleman on his birthday, dressed nice, had good manners, and for the fact I saw he had a Betty Page calendar hanging on his bedroom wall instead of a Playboy Bunny girl. We both had crushes on pinup girls.

Sometimes at concerts we'll see kids dancing like how your Grandma, and Grandpa used to dress, and you'll also see their classic cars parked out front, freshly restored with a lot of time, elbow grease, and passed down knowledge.

One thing that gets me down is the fact that I can't dress up all the time like a rockabilly girl in their circle skirts, swing dresses, and halter tops, because I'm fat, and I don't want to be the stick out in the room... for a bad reason.

Anyways, we're going to Viva Las Vegas , the biggest Rockabilly convention in... well the world. We'll be meeting up with some friends who recently moved out west to hang out, and just have an awesome time conversing with people who appreciate the same things we do.

My goal is to lose weight, so I can wear some of these pretty dresses these gals squeeze into, and not feel completely uncomfortable.

My goal is to get down to the size I was when I started dating Paul, which is around 230 pounds. I am currently tipping the scale at 300.

So, I have around 7 months to lose 70 pounds, and I wonder if I can accomplish it.

I need to be more determined, because it's something I lack besides a lot of will power. I didn't start this blog for no reason, though.

This is my attempt to better myself for my husband, my family, and me.

No comments:

Post a Comment