Thursday, October 27, 2011

159 days

Oh my God, is the week almost over?

I am looking so forward to this weekend, because this week has been very "blah." I commend myself for not being too over emotional on the situations laid out in front of me, but it has none the less, taken a small toll on me.

I haven't been really strict on myself this week, which was a downfall. I wasn't God awful in my dietary choices as in going out and eating a 3 gal tub of ice-cream, or anything, but I could have chosen better.

There's this little Satan dude sitting on my shoulder as I say, "Yes, please add cheese, and mayo..." on nearly every sandwich I devour. If only I could shrug that off and remember that I am an atheist, and that I don't believe in that nonsense.

Speaking of atheistic values. Since I've began in thinking that this "world" is all we have, then it puts a new perspective on how you think about living life.

Yes, we know all religious believers spout about how they will be ready for whenever they depart this world for an eternal existence in the clouds, or whatever, but as an atheist, I am not content with watching these people stuff their faces and being morbidly obese and using the excuse "God will take me when it's my time." As if it were an excuse to shove sweets, sugars and starches into their stomach at an attempt to be closer to eternal enlightenment.

I should know. My Grandfather was this way, and on his death bed told one of his sisters, "I'm 72 years old, and I'm dying." In my opinion, I see this as regret, but that that is wholly what I think. I don't know if we'll ever know what he truly thought. It's just sad.

I'm using my knowledge to begin eating better in an attempt to take all I can from this one life that we live.

Anyways, that was my rant for the day. It makes me rethink how I am living my life when you look at just having "one life" and not just this "pu-dung life, but eternity will be better."

BREAKFAST:
cereal (100)

LUNCH:
BLT Pizza two slices (400) <-- guess based on internet results
Diet Coke (0)
2 cheese cubes (200)

DINNER:

Cream of chicken soup (60)
Brown Rice (150)
Canned chicken (70)


So..... maybe I was being hard on myself..... Oh wait, I forgot I had a slice of that DAMN butterscotch cake!!

Cake (150)

It's always the stuff you forget... dammit.

I have personal training tonight... hopefully I don't throw up.




No comments:

Post a Comment