Monday, October 17, 2011

169 days

Here we go! Another week, and another shoe in at some effort. I'm constantly, starting, and stopping over and over.

You know your weekend eating is bad when you have to break out the Tums for indigestion.

Anyways, as bad as Jennifer Hudson sings it, "It's a new dawn, it's a new day.."

I've bought some groceries this week in an attempt to cook for once. I have nothing to hold me back seeing that my kiln is once again out of commission, so there goes my pottery time for a month, or so, which leaves me to devote my time to visual arts, and house cleaning, and cooking.

I've found some interesting recipes I'll be trying out this week. If I actually take this blog thing seriously, then maybe I'll post some pictures.

BREAKFAST:
Golden grahams (3)
Milk (1)

LUNCH:
Peppered turkey sandwich (8)
baked chips (3)
3 oreos (3)

DINNER:
2 Chicken and pita pizzas (7)


I'm seriously salivating over here.

I've decided to work on the elliptical for at least 30 minutes tonight, so I can burn about 200 calories. I imagine that will make a dent on any awful things I've done to myself today, and this weekend. Maybe I'll make it up to an hour someday.

Wow... actually, I just got an e-mail as I was writing this from one of the trainers, who said they couldn't really accommodate me for 5:30 due to someone leaving the company, but I think I'm going to come to my senses, and if they can do it, then I may workout at 8, so it gives me time for my food to digest, and 8p.m. seems to be around the time that I totally veg out at home, bored, and whine about being bored, so perhaps this will work.

It's better than nothing, or it's better than just sitting around and getting fat.

Wanna know how cool my work is?

They had this giant cart of veggies from the community gardens, and a big sign that said, "FREE!" So, there's like an abundance of peppers!!

Yum! You bet I grabbed some of those! Especially some jalepenos after hearing P.Allen Smith's recipe for fresh poppers!

Jalapeno Poppers

by P.Allen Smith Staff Garden on Friday, October 7, 2011 at 9:49am

Ingredients:

Turkey Bacon

Cream Cheese

Jalapeno Peppers

Directions:

Wash, cut in half, and de-seed Jalapenos.

Fill pepper halves with cream cheese.

Wrap a small piece of uncooked turkey bacon around the pepper half. Secure with a toothpick.

Place in a baking dish and bake in a pre-heated 350 degree F oven for 25 to 30 minutes. Yum!


· · Share
  • 7 people like this.
  • View all 2 shares
    • Rebecca Smith Benson These are great. I made some this weekend and mixed sriracha sauce and some grated cheddar cheese in with the cream cheese and used real bacon. They were even better! I have to bake mine longer than 25-30 minutes though. These work great on the grill too.


Rebecca's suggestion sounds AMAZING, but I'm still going to keep the turkey bacon. The hubby would probably like the Sriracha kick to it, though.

Btw, they had ghost peppers for free, but I totally stayed clear of that. I'm not up for a challenge just yet.



No comments:

Post a Comment